Yesterday I was up and out early yesterday to pop into Croydon for some shopping. I needed a 30cm x 30cm box-mount photograph frame so I could frame my Telford Sampler swaps. I found what I needed and came back to Coulsdon, went to the bank and the printers and then I came back home for a really lovely cup of tea!
When I went into my studio, my first job was to set up new folder for the five new 2016-2018 In Colours that will b launched on 1st. June 2016. Each colour card stock has a plastic wallet (the ones that have two open sides, one punched pocket (with the strip of holes cut off) and a Ziplock bag.
Then it was time to create today’s card. I’ve used three retiring stamp sets: Boys Will Be Boys, Pictogram Punches and Bordering Blooms – another three sets I’ll be sorry to see go. It probably seems that I’ll be sorry to see all the stamps sets go!
You may remember when I posted my Baby Wipe Technique Card on Thursday, I said if you keep your baby wipe pad in one of the Stampin’ Up! DVD’s it’ll keep moist so you can use them again. And that’s what I’ve used on yesterday’s card for the flowers and butterflies. The “ink pad” is still very moist. I’ll keep trying it every couple of days and see how it lasts!
I started with a card base of Very Vanilla Card Stock and then a layer from the Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack. I was amazed at how similar the design on this sheet is to the vine I used along the bottom of the top layer of card stock. I stamped the vases in Mint Macaroon on Very Vanilla Card Stock and then cut them out. I cleaned the stamp and stamped the vases onto the top Very Vanilla layer using Cucumber Crush Ink. I adhered the Mint Macaroon vases over the top using Dimensionals. I stamped the flowers using my baby wipe ink pad and selected areas on the pad so I was able to get three Melon Mambo, three Bermuda Bay and three Daffodil Delight Flowers. After I had adhered them to the card frond using Tombow, I put a small drop of Crystal Effects – another product that’s going to be retired – in the centre of each.
I stamped the sentiment onto a slim strip of Very Vanilla Card Stock. To create the layer, I used the same DSP as the middle layer and punched out a label using the Decorative Label Punch. I cut the top and bottom pieces off and adhered behind the sentiment, which I then adhered to the card front with Dimensionals. I painted the flowers, butterflies and the strip across the vases using the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.
I hope you have a great weekend. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.