I had a play wth the Oh So Eclectic Stamp Set and the Eclectic Layers
It was quite funny how my card turned out!
I chose this set because
I wanted an intricate die I could use with the Multpurpose Adhesive
Part of my concern was that I thought there may be a lot of stringy glue where all the small pieces come out of the die.
As it happened
there weren’t any, and the die cut was totally “string-free” and so very easy to handle.
highly recommend using this product as long as you don’t want to use
Dimensionals for your die cuts.
The funny thing about my card was that I
liked the look of all the “diamond” waste bits that came out of the die
cut that I adhered them back in place on my die cut! LOL!
I’ll try and
have another play today and hope the waste really is waste!
I cut a piece of Soft Sky CS that
would fit on the DSP layer with an equal border all round.
Then I attached a piece of
MAS to the CS that was the same measurement (attach it as I demonstrated in my video no.
I ran it through my Big Shot with the lattice-type die from the
Eclectic Layers Thinlits Dies.
The die cut also came away from the MAS backing exactly the same as the waste i.e. very
cleanly, and without any string.
challenge I had was trying to get the die cut straight before I put it onto
It wasn’t quite straight, and I wasn’t able to lift it for a
second chance like Tombow would hav given me! LOL!
I repeated this with the single
large open flower, stamping two of them, the outline and the overall colour stamp.
Then I used Emerald Envy Ink
to stamp the cross-patterned leaves stamp, stamped off once.
Then I took
the co-ordinating all over leaf stamp, stamped off once, and stamped
over the cross-patterned leaves.
I don’t think the cross-pattern adds much to the leaves and I probably won’t bother using it again in future!
Using Emerald Envy Ink and Whisper White CS
I stamped the sentiment which is from the Flirty Flowers Stamp Set.
cut it using the smallest circle from the Stitched Shape Framelits.
a selection of Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals, I arranged the
flowers, leaves and sentiment on the front of my card.
At one stage, I
had to lift the large flower at the top because I’d positioned one of
the Dimensionals in such a way I couldn’t get the sentiment to go under
When I’d originally adhered them back in position, I didn’t press too hard because I didn’t want to flatten the smaller “embossed” diamond on top!
As the gap the loose diamonds had left behind wouldn’t be visible when
the flower was back in place, I didn’t worry about replacing the diamonds!
finish my card, I adhered inside the card a layer each of Soft Sky and
Whisper White CS.
I think they helped to tie the inside with the front of the card together very nicely!
That’s about it for today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.