sorry but my blog published again too soon yesterday! When this happened
on Thursday, I assumed I had done something wrong, but not two days
Hubby went onto the Blogger forum and it appears that Blogger
has done an update and in the process, has created some errors –
publishing too soon is one of them! I hope it doesn’t take them too long
to get this sorted out!
I really enjoyed what I was
doing, and ended up with seven different methods of colouring ribbons
using Stampin’ Up! products. I was really excited and decided to make
that the subject of my video, and in next to no time, I was ready to make a start!
Unfortunately, I noticed that the colour was coming off the ribbons onto
the waterproof work surface I had prepared. I held one piece of ribbon
between a folded sheet of kitchen towel and pulled it through.
amazed at how much colour came off the ribbon onto the kitchen towel. I
was so disappointed!
I checked all seven pieces of ribbon with the
kitchen towel, and the only one that was successful was the ribbon I’d
painted with one of the Stampin’ Blends – certainly not enough for a
Back to the drawing board to make the original video I’d planned!
Unfortunately, I had spent so much time on this, that I tidied up quickly, so I could start on
today’s card, and leave myself enough time to write my blog, and schedule it! Making New Year’s resolutions really keep me motivated!
of looking at stamp sets to decide what to use for today’s card, I
looked at new, unused dies, and chose the Petals and More Thinlits Dies.
started with a Whisper White Cardstock (CS) cardbase, and adhered a
layer of Sweet Sugarplum CS on the front and on the inside.
I took the
two pieces of Whisper White CS that I was using as the top layers, and
decided to use a spritzer, which is a technique I haven’t used for such a
very long time!
Using one of my SU Spritzer Bottles, I mixed some water
with about five drops of my Sweet Sugaplum Re-inker.I stood my
two Whisper White CS layers in my spray catcher, and gave two or three
squirts to each piece.
After leaving them to dry for a little while, I
adhered them to the Sweet Sugarplums layers.
took some Emerald Envy CS, and die cut the branches with leaves, as
well as the trellis using Emerald Envy Cardstock (CS). Next, using Sweet
Sugarplum CS, and ink, I stamped twenty of the little flowers from the
Sprinkles of Life Stamp Set.
I punched them out using the Tree Builder
Punch, and used the rounded end of my paper piercer to push down in the
centre to give the flowers some dimension.
Tombow, I adhered one flower onto each “hollow” leaf, and adhered one
of the (now retired) tiny Basic Pearls into the centres of all the
flowers on the outside of the card!
took a piece of the ribbon I’d coloured Sweet Surgarplum and made a
small bow, watching to see if it creates a mess!
The final step was to
adhere a small flower, plus a Basic Pearl inside the letter O of YOU. I’ve
just noticed I also need to add a small white dot with my white gel
pen, inside the three flowers on the trellis. The spritzing has added a
nice feature to this card, and I must remember to use it more
That’s about it for today. I hope you have a super weekend and until tomorrow, happy crafting.