Yesterday was a very successful day, and I achieved
a lot. My first task was to finish prepping for tomorrow’s video,
which is No. 410 – Christmas Catalogue Pre-order Sneak Peek.
After recording the video, I left it to download onto You Tube
while I “filed” my new products in their appropriate
places along side my other current products.This is
quite time-consuming, and includes updating my two reference
files, clearing room for more stamp sets as well as
labelling and re-labelling!
It’s well worth the effort because I work so much better
when I’m organised. Once everything was in it’s place, I was
ready to decorate the inside of the cards I shared with you
yesterday, as well as making a box to hold them.
While I had been working during the day, I’d been planning
how I was going to make the box. I’d decided to make an
Envelope Punch Board (EPB) Box, so my first job was to
decide what height, width, and depth I needed my box
to be to hold five cards and five envelopes.
Once I’d established that, I went to the The Crafty Owl Box Buster
website where Joanne James has posted her EPB Box
Buster. All I needed to do was enter my three measurements
in inches or centimetres, one click of the button,
and I had all the info I needed!
I knew the size of my cardstock, where I needed to make
my first score line and where I needed to put my second score
line. I used Sahara Sand Cardstock (CS), and made my box.
When I make a box of cards to sell, I like to put a copy of
the front of my card on the outside of the box, in order that potential
customers know what’s inside without taking the product out of the cello bag.
Part of the reason for choosing to make the box with the EPB is
because I could decorate the front and the back with the outside
and the inside of the card. The challenge was, how was I
going to deal with one of these on the front which was where
the box opening was – I used a small magnet under
the flap for the closure mechanism!
I worked out what I needed to do, and went ahead, but once I’d
finished that part of the box, I realised there was an easier,
“cleaner” way of doing it. If I’d been working on this project for
a video, I’d be able to make a “prototype” and then go back and
make the real deal with the hiccups ironed out! LOL!
Although I’m pleased with my finished box, there is room for
improvement! I’m not pointing out what I could do to improve
on because it’s just a bit of fine tuning, and it probably won’t
be noticed by anybody anyway!
I hope you enjoy this project, as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it.
I hope you have a super relaxing weekend, and until tomorrow, happy crafting.