I have just uploaded my video called Lovely As A Tree using the Thumping Technique – a bit of a long-winded title, I know but hey ho!!
The video shows how I made last week’s challenge 4 card I posted here on Friday.
This week’s number 2 challenge uses some Window Sheet to bridge the gap between the top and the bottom of the card.
This is the first time I have used Stampin’ Up! acetate and I’m seriously impressed.
For quite a long time I’ve been using some pre-SU acetate stash I had and it has been such hard work.
It has always appeared grubby even though I have just taken it out of the bag, and trying to clean it was a totally fruitless task.
The Window Sheets come with protective sheets between them and are perfectly clean.
They are also a lovely thickness.
The first task of making this card was calculating the measurements of the pieces of cardstock I needed.
Although it was quite time-consuming, I had success on my first attempt.
I put a piece of Whisper White Card Stock on the back inside of the card and still can’t decide if I should put a small pattern so that it can be seen when the card is closed.
I’m thinking of a small design, maybe some fir cones or holly, in gold stamped all round the edge of the insert so the left hand and right hand sides can be viewed through the acetate when closed.
I think I’m talking myself into this as I write! LOL!!
I adhered the acetate on the inside of the card and covered the joins with matching DSP, which is what is making me think the decorative border would be a good idea.
I heat embossed the wreath using gold embossing powder and die cut it using Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies.
I adhered it to a white Tea Lace Paper Doily and adhered a Whisper White circle underneath to give it some stability.
I had die cut the circle using the no. 6 die (start counting from the smallest die) from the Circles Collection Framelit Dies.
I also thought about doing another wreath and adhering it on the inside of the card on the back of the front one.
Again, I think I’ve talked myself into this – if I do it, I’ll share the photographs with you.
Finally, I die cut the word Joy which is also in the Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies, once in Gold Foil and then in Basic Black.
I adhered them together but offset them and adhered them onto the wreath.
All in all, I’m happy with this card, with or without the extra bits I thinking about using Tombow.
But it’s not the kind of card I’d make a lot of because there’s quite a bit of work involved but very well worth it for the special people in your life.
Until tomorrow, happy crafting,