Ever since I first saw this stamp set, I knew what I wanted to do. I just needed the time because I knew it would be time-consuming! My idea was to make the swing and stamp trees behind it and then to use the Hardwood stamp as the background – not on the same card! LOL!
I didn’t have a Post-It Note big enough so I adhered two 5″ x 3″ sheets together and stamped the swing. I very carefully cut around the edge of the swing. I used my Paper Snips to cut out between the back panels on the seat. The Snips really come into their own with a task like this. The tips are so sharp, it was easy to cut into the area to be removed and then to cut around the edge. It’s such a big help having scissors that actually cut to the end of the tip.
It certainly took a lot of time and patience but it was well worth the effort. Now that I have the mask, I’ll be able to use it several times. The only problem I had was with the rope supports. Once I had cut them out, they were very long and spindly; it was very difficult trying to work with them.
I used some non-SU removable adhesive to hold the mask in place (over the rope). I inked the Hardwood Stamp in Sahara Sand, stamped off once and then stamped onto my mask. It worked brilliantly except, when I removed the mask, quite a lot of the removable adhesive remained on the cardstock and when I tried to remove it, the ink started to smudge. Moral of the story – stick to SU products. I remedied this by cutting some thin strips of Soft Suede card stock and adhered over the stamped ropes.
For the rest of the card I stamped the cat in Basic Black Archival ink and coloured him with the Smokey Slate Marker Pen; I stamped the two cushions in Sweet Sugarplum ink; then I fussy cut the three images. I coloured the swing using Crumb Cake Marker Pen, the long cushion with Emerald Envy and the bird in Sahara Sand.
I adhered the top Whisper White layer to a piece of Sweet Sugarplum and wrapped a piece of the new Ruched Ribbon around the front and then tied another piece in a knot at the front. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White cardstock and layered it onto a piece of Sweet Sugarplum.
Going forward, I think I might ignore the rope supports and add them as pieces of cardstock, as I have done here or thick Baker’s Twine. Whichever way I decide to go with this, it’s a brilliant stamp set!
As suspected, it was very time consuming cutting out all the sections on the seat but at least it will last me a few goes using this as a mask before I have to consider doing it again!
That’s about it for today. I hope you have a great weekend. Until tomorrow, happy crafting,