Despite the very strong winds yesterday morning, the day turned out to be day 5 of our summer!
The first card I made, although it took
three attempts to get it exactly right, is going to be the subject for
Then I made some Thank You cards using this stamp set
and came up with an idea I haven’t seen on Pinterest yet, so I’m keeping it under wraps until I’ve been able to convert the idea into a
Then I came up with a third idea, which is a variation of
idea number 2 but ran out of time before I could complete it.
tidied up from that session and put everything onto the side ready for
me to start again today.Then I needed to create a card for today.
However, I was getting a little bit concerned that I was
starting projects but not actually finishing them off and could see me
finishing up without a card to share with you today!
I decided I’d have a look on Pinterest, choose something quick and CASE it (Copy And
Share Everything). That still left me on a wing and a prayer because me
and quick cards just don’t go together! The card I chose to CASE was one of the Stampin’ Up! cards they had on the flyer advertising this limited edition.
I took some scraps of Whisper White
and, using Soft Suede Ink, stamped three tree trunks. I changed to
Crumb Cake ink and stamped three birds facing east and three birds
facing west. I used the appropriate dies to die cut the nine stamped
I didn’t like the birds with what looked like no eyes, so I used
my black marker pen to draw them in and the birds instantly came to
life. It’s nearly always the small details that make a card pop!
I used the grass stamp with Old Olive Ink and stamped twice at the
bottom of each strip. I used Tombow to adhere the tree trunks in place
and then the birds. I decided to have two feeding off the grass, two
sitting on the tree trunks and one flying. I always think birds should
have their wings open when they’re flying but this is not actually a
I chose the sentiment from the Ready to Pop Stamp Set as it’s so
small and exactly what I needed for this card. I stamped it straight
onto the strip using Old Olive Ink.
I wrapped some Linen Thread around
the top of the other two strips adhering it at the back with Fast
To finish this card off, I attached Dimensionals on the back of each strip and attached them to the card base.
That’s about it for today. I have to take hubby to the hospital this afternoon for a retina scan. He’s not allowed to drive for six hours after the process, so I’m playing chauffeur this afternoon! ☺
Until tomorrow, happy crafting.