While we were there I
bought a zipped case that holds plastic wallets for storing dies, which was one of the items on my shopping list!
When we arrived home
after our weekend away, I started transferring my dies over.
case holds about 24 filled wallets, and although I haven’t actually counted how
many dies I have, one case is definitely not enough, so I went online and bought three more.
It’s a long slow job transferring all the dies over because I’m adhering the
magnetic sheet that comes in the wallet onto a square of cardboard.
Then I die
cut one of everything in that set and adhere it to the cardboard i.e. dies at
the front, die cuts at the back!
To speed this system up a bit, I’ve decided
I’m going to use a different set of dies everyday, but before I start working
on my project, I’m going to get the dies set up in a wallet.
I think it will
still take the best part of two months to get them all done, and possible another case, but at least I’ll be making
progress, albeit quite slow!
I started this new plan yesterday
before I began working on today’s card and I think this idea will work! LOL!
stage, as requested, I’ll be making a video showing how I store my dies and how I find the
dies I need quickly and easily despite having them in four, or five, folders!
The dies for today’s
card are called Love Notes Framelits Dies and the stamp set is Sealed with
Love – available as a bundle in the new Spring catalogue.
I started my card with a base of Real Red Cardstock (CS), with a layer of
Basic Black CS and a top layer of Real Red CS.
I used the long die to but the
edge of hearts about one inch in from the right hand side edge.
I used the small heart with
lines, inked it in Real Red Ink and stamped the heart onto each partially die
I made three envelopes using the Sending Love Glassine Sheets and
the larger envelope die.
I chose the red hearts on a white background design
from the Sending Love Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack and cut to measure 1 7/16″
x 15/16″ so they fitted into the envelopes perfectly.
I decided where I wanted
to adhere the three envelopes and stamped two sentiments in the gaps using our
Archival Basiv Black Ink.
The first one was Hugs & Kisses and the second
one was I Love You and then I adhered the three envelopes in place using Tombow.
cut three arrows in Basic Black CS and cut into two pieces, and disposed of the
middle section because they were too long to adhere them as seen on my card!
Inside the card I
adhered a layer of Basic Black CS with a layer of Whisper White CS on top.
stamped the lips in Real Red Ink in the bottom right hand corner.
I hope you have a great weekend and happy crafting.