The colour scheme for that card was Sweet Sugarplum and
I decided to change the colour scheme for the
Also, I always make another card immediately before commencing video as
it acts as a reminder to me for the order in which each step should be
It also serves as reminder of any special points and tips I want to share.
I decided I wanted to make one card in blue and one card in purple.
Normally I choose my colours by holding the two ink
pads side by side.
My theory is, if the colours on the ink pads go together, so will the ink inside.
realise how many different blues we have, so I decided to do test
stamps of each of the blues and make my decision from there.
I cut the stamped flowers with their names into oblongs, approximately the size of
business cards, and was able to pair them together very easily.
decision was Dapper Denim and Marina Mist.
I was able to choose the
purple combination using my regular system i.e. pairing up ink pads, but
I still did three colour coach cards!
I haven’t tried these two colours together as a card yet, so I’ll let you know tomorrow how I get on with
No doubt lots of you have your own system for your colour coach,
but I found these cards so amazingly helpful that I’m going to re-do
them – neatly this time – and then do the other colour groups, so I can
keep them for future use.
I’ll keep all the colour groups together in
individual small cello bags i.e. one for blue, one for green, one for purple, etc.
Please see photographs 1 and two for the purple flowers and photogrphs 3 to 6 for the blue collection.
I’d sorted out my colour choices, I moved on to working out the sensible
way to put my card together, rather than the back to front way
yesterday’s card evolved!
I also had a couple more ideas to try out –
one worked, one didn’t!
It made the card look far too crowded and I gave up on that idea!
The second idea I had was to add a bumble bee which was also in the Garden in Bloom
This added that extra little detail that I think always
finishes off a card!
Using a scrap of Whisper White CS, I stamped the bee in Basic Black Archival Ink, then
used the second stamp to colour his body in Daffodil Delight Ink.
The normal rule is odd numbers, but one bee looked lost
and three looked like a swarm; alright, that’s a slight exaggeration, but definitely crowded!
In this instance, I decided this was the
exception to the rule and two was right number.
hubby and I decided to add an extra day on our visit to Amsterdam next
week, so the changes have been made.
For me this means I have four
videos to make this weekend.
Fortunately, hubby’s working all weekend so it should
be reasonably easy to do as I have four possible projects in mind anyway!
I hope you
have a great weekend.
Until tomorrow, happy crafting.