Oh my goodness, what a disappointing day yesterday was!
Fortunately it’s not often I have cause to say that!
started well, but then I found I’d put my embossing powder away – OK minor problem!
retrieved it and carried on.
Then I was trying to work with my
Decorative Ribbon Punch sideways, so both the camera and I had a clear
view of what I was doing.
After explaining how to use the punch
correctly, I moved the paper in the wrong direction!
I repeated the process and
went the wrong way, again!
I succeeded on my third attempt!
Next I was explaining
what had to be done with the completed decorative strip, and had a lightbulb
I suddenly realised there was a very easy, and straightfoward way of
dealing with it!
All these stops and starts meant the video ended up as one hour
and one minute long!
I had estimated it should be about forty –
forty-five minutes long, so this was totally unacceptable. I had no choice but to re-video…trust me on that!
I set everything up
again, and the second video went like a dream!
I think it was probably about fifty
minutes long, but as it had gone so well, I was happy.
My camcorder had run out of
memory at that point!
Unfortunately, I don’t get any warning when the memory is running low, or at least, not from where
I could have cried, and decided to shelve take 3 until
today, when I knew my heart would have returned from my boots back to
where it should be!
I’d tidied up as much as I could, I decided to make a box for some
chocolate Father Christmases I’d bought recently for a project I never
opposite corner, I cut up on one side of each of the two side triangles –
this created two tabs.
Using Tombow, I adhered the two tabs to front
triangle, and then adhered the two side triangles to the front triangle
Next I took a strip of the Be Merry Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
that measured 8″ x 2″.
I put a piece of Tear and Tape on both of the 2″ inside
Holding the strip in place, I gently creased where I needed the
first fold to be, put it on my table, and made sure I had a straight
line. I used my Bone Folder to give it a gentle burnish.
I put the strip back in place on the box and found where the second crease should be. As before, I put it on my table, and made sure I had a straight
line. Then I used my Bone Folder to give it a gentle burnish.
After I’d worked my way round all four corners, I
removed the covering to one piece of tape, and adhered the DSP strip to the front of the box.
followed the strip around the box to make sure it fitted nicely and that it was level, and met up with the beginning of the strip.
When I was happy, I removed the second Tear and Tape covering at the end of the strip.
the image using Real Red and Basic Grey Marker Pens, and the Clear Wink
of Stella Glitter Pen.
I punched the image out using the Cookie Cutter
Punch and adhered him, using Tombow, onto a scalloped circle of Dazzling
Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
As it takes a few minutes for Tombow to get a grip on Glimmer Paper, I placed it under a weight for a few minutes.
While I was
waiting, I die cut a larger, straight cut circle using the Layering
Circles Framelits Dies in Real Red CS.
I put the chocolates into a cellophane bag and tied it up using a piece
of the Solid Red Ribbon.
I will make a video showing how I made this,
but I’m not planning it anytime soon – please watch this space! ☺
That’s it from me today. I hope you have a lovely weekend, and until tomorrow, happy crafting! I’m off to make a video!! LOL!