was not such a good day for me!
During the morning I just wasn’t
feeling right, I felt very lethargic, and tired.
At lunch time I went into the bedroom to get my
tablets, and saw I hadn’t taken my morning tablets! DOH!
say I took what I needed to, and within a couple of hours I was feeling ,
oh so much brighter!
Once I was back in the swing of things,I
knew I wanted to CASE another swap for today’s card.
You can check out Maureen’s blog at www.crafty-rootes.com.
Although I’m happy with how my card turned out, I wished I’d stuck to
Mo’s colour scheme!
bottle is from the Bubble Over Stamp Set, and ever since I saw this
stamp set for the first time, I wondered if the bottle – which looks
like a beer or pop bottle to me – could be changed to look like a
Champagne bottle, and that was my challenge to myself!
To achieve this I started by inking the largest bottle stamp in Versamark, then inkinking it in Always Artichoke Ink; and then I stamped it on a piece of Whisper
White Cardstock (CS).
After I dipped the image into Clear Embossing Powder, I
heat set it using my Heat Tool.
Although there is a die in the Bottles
& Bubbles Framelits Dies to die cut the bottle, I chose to cut it
out by hand.
By doing this, I was able to cut the bottle straight to the
top of the bottle, thereby cutting off the two rims that protude at the
top of the bottle neck, which is what gives the bottle a beer-bottle and
I trawled through my Stamp Reference File to find stamps
that would allow me to produce something that resembled a wine bottle
to say, it took me several attempts before I settled on the design you see
I started with Always Artichoke Ink, and the straight line stamp
that’s in the Spooky Cat Stamp Set; this is a Halloween Stamp Set in the
I don’t celebrate Halloween, and the only reason I
bought the stamp set, was for the cat’s face stamp.
I thought it’d go
brilliantly with the Cat Punch, although I have to admit, I haven’t
checked my theory yet! LOL!
Basic Black Archival Ink, I stamped it directly onto the straight Always
I needed something to soften the edges and hubby
suggested leaves – brilliantly idea, they worked a treat!
I used the solid background
two-step leaves stamp from the Painted Harvest Stamp Set and stamped the leaves
randomly top and bottom.
I used another die from the Bottles &
Bubbles Framelits dies to cut the label out.
finish my card I stamped some Sahara Sand bubbles coming out of the
bottle, and adhered some Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes on the bottles
as condenstaion, and on the stamped bubbles to give them shine and dimension.
Unfortunately, these shapes will be retiring at the end of May, so I’m
going to stock up with a few packets as I think they’re great for cards like
The Congrats sentiment is from the Vertical
Greetings Stamp Set and was die cut with a die from the Bunch of Banners
stamped a row of bubbles inside the card and added Wink of Stellla to
give them some shine too!
As I said earlier, I’m pleased with how my card turned out, but I think it would hve been better if I’d used Real Red instead of Sweet Sugarplum!
That’s about it from me today; until tomorrow, happy crafting.