Yesterday I spent some time getting my new dies and
stamp sets prepared ready for my dies to be filed in
my storage binders. A part of the process is that I make
a die cut with every die, and then adhere them to
the back of the magnetic sheets.
Although my filing system is time-consuming to maintain
when I buy new dies, by doing the die cuts it gives me the
opportunity to find out what each die is capable of, and in
some cases the best way to use them! For example, in
the Frosted Bouquet Framelits, there’s an oblong with
a smaller die that fits inside.
For my first attempt, I put the smaller die inside the larger
one, and cranked it through the Big Shot. This was obviously
going to give me a thin oblong frame, but the result was
amazingly uneven. It taught me that it’s better to cut one
oblong, and then do the second one! I have four more to prepare,
and then I’l be ready to make my video sharing
my pre-order with you.
To create today’s card I used the Botanical Bliss Stamp
Set and the gorgeous Tufted Dynamic Embossing Folder.
Although I don’t do it often, I love all white cards; that is all
three layers white with minimal coloured images.
I coloured the flowers using two of the Watercolour Pencils
– Flirty Flamingo and Garden Green – that are on promotion
this month, as well as Daffodil Delight. For the sentiments,
the birds and the decorative strips inside the card, I used
Basic Grey Classic Ink as it’s a lot softer
than using Basic Black.
Although there is a co-ordinating set of dies for this
stamp set, they don’t include dies for the bird nor the flowers!
This was the first bit of fussy cutting I had done for quite a
long time, and rather enjoyed doing it!
To get the two sentiments in place and straight, I used
my Stamp-a -ma-jig. I adhered the three layers together
using the outside strips of Dimensionals. I finished off
the front of my card by painting the flowers and bird using
my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen – which
unfortunately doesn’t show up in the photographs, but
looks great in real life – and I added a small silver
Basic Pearl to the bird for his eye.
Using Basic Grey Ink, I decorated the inside of the card
by stamping the two long branches one top and one bottom
on the extra layer I adhered on the inside. For the
bird’s eye I used a white gel pen.
I recently shared a video where I showed some new
products from the Christmas Catalogue that I received
when I was on the Incentive Trip at the end of July. I
was really excited to show you a new tool that will be
available from 5th September 2018. Stampin’ Up!
released a video showing you what a brilliant tool this is,
and I’m sharing it here in case you missed my video.
I hope you like it.
That’s about it for today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.