I hope you’re enjoying your weekend, and not running around like a headless chicken getting all your chores completed so you’re ready for Christmas! Today’s video is my last Christmas project for 2018. I can’t believe I’ve never tried making Crackers before because they are so amazingly quick and easy! I’m also very impressed that our Designer Series Paper (DSP) is an ideal thickness for them! I have always felt that DSP wasn’t suitable for boxes; maybe it’s the way crackers are constructed that it works well? I don’t know! I used the last three sheets I had from the Santa’s Workshop DSP for my project, and will be very pleased to put them on our Christmas dinner table! Please note, this DSP is now sold out in the UK, but it may still be available in North America and South Pacific.
I’ve made a total of five crackers; fortunately, the one I made on the video is the perfect one! LOL! I don’t have any photographs of the first one I made, but I do show it in the video. For this one I used cardstock, but I found it too hard to punch through two thicknesses using the Envelope Punch Board. I managed, but I had to stand up and put all my energy into it! I changed the measurements that were shown in the first video I watched, but the cracker still wasn’t long enough to hold the tube of sweets I wanted to put inside! The second cracker was the Santa’s Workshop DSP with the Poppy Parade Ribbon. I used the landscape score lines on the portrait side! DOH!
On the third cracker, the one with the red stripe on each end, I put the Tear & Tape on the inside of the cracker, instead of the outside. I left the white backing strip on it, but it can be seen in the top open ends of the cracker! The fourth cracker is the one with the straight cut Garden Green CS Circle under the sentiment. I adhered the sentiment on the “back” of the cracker! The result is that the join is at the top and the images don’t match up! The sentiment is from the Sincerely Santa Stamp Set, and has been stamped in Garden Green Ink. I decided that green stampting with a green layer looked boring. I found some scraps of the DSP that had a small elf, and decided to fussy cut him! I adhered it at the base of the sentiment because I liked how he looks with his feet hanging off, and he added a nice bit of colour!
I’m really pleased with how this project turned out, and is definitely a project I will be visiting again some time in the future! That’s it from me today! I hope you have a very blessed Sunday, and I look forward to being back with you tomorrow. In the meantime, happy crafting.