This is the first time I’ve used the Cookie-Cutter Christmas Stamp Set this year, which is very surprising considering it was one of my favourites last year. I saw the deer made as a couple on Pinterest, and decided to add my spin to it. The first thing I knew I wanted to do was was the paper piercing I referred to yesterday! I found my templates, and pulled out the one that has straight lines on it. Obviously using a template is the easy way of doing paper piercing, but there’s no reason it can’t be done freehand, if you have patience and a steady hand! I like the effect on my card, but I forgot to make allowance for going round corners. But it was fun to have a go at it again! I stamped the reindeer heads on to a piece of Crumb Cake DSP from All is Bright. I’ve found this particular design very useful on previous projects. It’s the design that has lighter coloured pine cones on it. It adds some good depth to the deer’s skin texture! I used a 0.5 Fine Tip Black Marker Pen to draw on the eyes. Next I used the Sahara Sand and Real Red Marker Pens to colour the insides of the ears, and the noses.
Although I have the matching Punch, I fussy cut the deer because I wanted to cut the antlers off the lady deer, which meant I had to cut close along the edge. It wasn’t quite so easy fussy cutting Rudolph because of the antlers, but I persevered. I love the green and white Designer Series Paper (DSP) I used as the background, which is from Under the Mistletoe. I thought it was very appropriate, and I really love the paler green. According to the catalogue, the lighter green is Old Olive, but I think Granny Apple Green works just as well and it’s much brighter!
It took me three goes to finally decide on what colours I should do the bow tie and the hair ribbon. I started by stampin the solid ribbon in Granny Apple Green, and the open bow in Real Red, both on the Crumb Cake DSP as their heads. I was unsure, so I stamped them both on Whisper White Cardstock, decided to keep the green bow, and I restamped the Real Red bow as the solid bow. I put my card together and started to tidy up completely forgetting about doing the inside! Never mind, I can do it later today!
I found the stamped wreath that disappeared from the project I was working on yesterday! It was inside my stamp set reference file! I was asked yesterday if I’d make a video showing how I did both masking techniques I told you about yesterday. Once I found the wreath, I was happy to comfirm yes, I’ll be happy to make a video! (I hope you saw I responded, Nicola?). I will show these two images on the video, but I promised to share them here if I found the first one!
Number one is the partially painted image. Each poinsettia overlapped the one next to it. I had hopedthat painting the petals Real Red, where they overlapped, would help to disgise the onverlapping. If you look closely at the red petals, they look transparent. If you look at the second image, you’ll see there’s only one place where the flowers overlap – to the left of the top flower. It was when I stamped this part, that I realised there was a plan C i.e. two masks, and that worked brilliantly! That’s about it from me today. I look forward to being back with you tomorrow, and in the meantime, happy crafting!
Products used: click on any image to be taken to my 24/7 Online Stampin’ Up! Shop