When I was making today’s card yesterday, I had two samples to show you that would help explain why I finished making my wreath the way I did. Unfortunately, the gremlins were in and pinched one of the samples! Grr! If I find it during the day, I’ll share them with you tomorrow, but for now, I need you to imagine what I’m explaining! I’ll start at the beginning!
I had the Illuminated Christmas Stamp Set on my desk yesterday, because I was writing our Christmas cards. I always leave adding a sentiment inside my cards until I’m writing them, and I pick one that I particularly like. I noticed the little poinsettia flower in the stamp set, and decided to use it to make a wreath, using my Stamparatus. I set it up with a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (CS) which measured 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″, and put the stamp in position. I stamped the wreath using Jet Black Stazon Ink, and the poinsetti overlapped each other – this is the sample that went walkabouts! I decided if I was careful as I coloured the flowers, it would look fine by the time it was all done. I did about three flowers and decided it was too much like hard work!
For Plan B, I made a Post It Note mask, stamped one flower, moved it round, put the mask over the first flower, and stamped a second time. Moved the cardstock round one more, moved the mask onto the second flower and stamped again. I carried onto the end, and I was pleased with the result, but I decided to give Plan C a try.
This time I needed two masks. I put a third piece of cardstock in place on my Stamparatus, stamped one flower, and moved the cardtock on two places, and stamped again. Effectively, I stamped on all four straight sides first. When I moved my cardstock for the fourth time, I moved it just one place, and put a mask on the flower on the left and a mask on the right, and then stamped. I moved the cardstock two places, put the masks back on to the right and to the left and stamped again. I finished the wreath of and then coloured it in – this is the one I used for today’s card. I used Real Red, Call Me Clover, and Pineapple Punch Marker Pens to colour the wreath. I finished it off by going over the red and the yellow with my Wink of Stella Clear Gitter Pen.
I stamped the word JOY – from the Feathers & Frost Stamp Set – using Call Me Clover Ink and die cut it using the smallest Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. I noticed the bird stamps and decided to stamp a robin. I coloured him in using Crumb Cake and Poppy Parade Marker Pens, and then fussy cut him. Then I assembled my card. Although this is quite a busy card for me., I’m happy with the finished result! I hope you like it, too. So that’s about it from me today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.
Products used: please click on any image to be taken to my 24/7 Online Stampin’ Up! Shop