This year I have really been taken by the tartan designs in some of the Designer Series Paper (DSP) packs. I’m not sure why this is; whether it’s somethng to do with the colours or designs, or whether it’s a change in me. Whatever it is, I think they are gorgeous! When I was deciding on what to make for today’s card, I decided I wanted to use my Stamparatus. My next decision was to use the Peaceful Noel Stamp Set.
I set up with one of the templates I’d made a little while ago, to create wreaths with my Stamparatus. My first wreath started with Berry Burst Ink on the outline berry stamp, which could be used as a leaf stamp! This was the first thing to go wrong! I stamped the first outline and set up the second step stamp to fill the colour in. I had a piece of scrap paper ready so I could stamp off the infill stamp, and all went well. It looked lovely. I moved my cardstock round to the next position on my template and repeated! This was far, too far on top of eah other.
I abandoned this, and turned the piece over and started again. My second attempt worked really well but I didn’t stop soon enough! By adding the third branch, I really spoiled what I had created thus far! Have you ever done that? So onto my third and final attempt! I used Granny Apple Green Ink for the fir branches, and then Soft Suede Ink for the pine cones. Up until this point, I had assumed the three small outlines and infill stamps were holly berries, but I decided if I stamped them in Soft Suede they would be pine cones! I think it worked really well! What do you think? I didn’t want a repeat of what happed with my second attempt, so I stopped to build my design.
The reason I had used Granny Apple Green Ink was that I already had an ink spot in that colour – given that I do have the re-inker and uninked ink spots, I was being lazy! Needless to say, this gave me a problem as to what DSP I could use as a layer. I was very fortunate in as much as the fir branches blended really well with this Olive Green tartan design from the Under the Mistletoe DSP. After that everything fell into place beautifully! I stamped the sentiment using Soft Suede Ink, and die cut it using the smallest Stitched Shape Circle Die. I layered this onto a scalloped Layering Circle, and then I layered the image onto a Soft Suede die cut scalloped square. I very rarely adhere my images as “diamonds” rather than squares, but this project was really calling out for it.
To finish the front of the card, I added a strip of ribbon, which I tied in a bow, and slid to the left-hand side. All in all, I’m really pleased with this card, although I did run out of time and haven’t yet decorated the inside of the card yet! Apart from adding a layer of Whisper White Cardstock taht is! Looking at my card as I write this, I may go back and add some Fine Tip Glue to the fir cones, in the same way I added some to the holly berries on my Diamond Fold Card on Wednesday!
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing today’s card. That’s about it from me today, so until tomorrow, happy crafting.
Products used: please click on any link to be taken to my 24/7 Online SU Shop.