Good news and bads news. First the bad news! I’m sorry today’s blog is later than usual, but I had more problems last night. Fortunately, Catherine was able to get it sorted out. As the problem was caused by my web host, she was reliant on them for their response and time it took to resolve the issue. I’m now playing catch-up! But the good news is so very exciting that we can ignore the bad news! Sale-a-bration has started! If you would like to know more about joining my team of Super Stars, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to have you onboard! (Stampin’ Up! rules: I can only recruit if you live in the UK, the Netherlands, France Austria and Germany – sorry!)
When I picked Graceful Garden out as an example to show on my Paper Piecing video, I knew I wanted to have a go at it. I did, and in the process found a couple of extra tips for you. I took photographs of my work because a picture speaks a thousand words! I used the Dashing Along Designer Series Paper (DSP) from Christmas as it used Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler – ideal for the rose!
One of the problems I encountered was that the green leaf touching the flowerhead on the left isn’t attached to the rest of the stem and leaves. I found the best way to get round this was to cut enough of the red rose so it was attached to both parts of the stem and leaves . see no. 1 in the first photograph. I have coloured the area I left attached using a pencil on the left-hand stamped image and highlighted it on the right-hand fussy cut image.
Also on the first photograph I have put no.2 just below where the two leaves are joined onto the stem. I don’t know if you can see them but I have drawn lines outside the leaf stems to make them thicker so I could cut them out. On the fussy cut image, you can see how much extra green DSP I have left on there. On the second photograph I have added no.3. You can see I have painted over the excess green DSP using my Basic Black Marker Pen.
Photograph 3 shows that I adhered the stem and leaves first. This allowed me to adhere the rose ontop of the excess green DSP I’d left on my cut image. I’m really happy with the finished result of this card. Both the background stamp – stamped in Sahara Sand – and the sentiment are from the same stamp set. I did some more paper-piecing inside the card. The easy option for me was to cut each leaf out individually. It was a little bit fiddly, but noot as bad as the cat’s eyes in yesterday’s video! LOL!
That’s it from me today. Please don’t hesitate to contact me iif you have any questions, either about today’s project or Sale-a-bration – I’m always happy to help. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.