I hope you’ve had a super weekend, and are starting the new week with renewed vigour! The update on Hubby is that he’s going back to work today! He’s looking forward to getting out and about again. I think cabin fever had started to kick in! Yesterday I concentrated on sorting out the dies I received in my Friday delivery from Stampin’ Up! The four sets co-ordinate with four of the Sale-a-bration Stamp Sets. They are Call Me Cupcake Framelits for Hello Cupcake; Hop Around Framelits for So Hoppy Together; Lily Framelits for Lasting Lily; and Four Seasons Framelits for Painted Seasons. These dies will be available to purchase during March!
When I transfer each set of new dies into a magnetic folder, I always make a die cut of each die and adhere on to the cardboard sheet which is on on the back of the magnetic sheet. While I was working on the Call Me Cupcake Framelits, I knew I had to use them for today’s card. I had an idea in my mind and it has worked beautifully! My idea was to make the dome over the cupcake in acetate. The main problem was how was I going to adhere the acetate to the card? NOTE: Acetate can be found in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue on page 192 called Window Sheets 142314.
Although this set is called cupcakes, I see it as a tub of ice cream! Therefore my flavours are strawberry (Blushing Bride), chocolate (Crumb Cake), and pistachio (Soft Sea Foam). I added tone on tone sprinkles to each flavour, and then die cut them all! You probably know that I enjoy fussy cutting, but I did find the top of the ice cream a frustrating challenge where it curls round. I’m so pleased we now have dies! Using Smokey Slate Cardstock (CS), I die cut six layers for the dome stand, and adhered five layers together. Now I was ready to start putting my card together.
I took a Whisper White CS card base, and adhered a layer of Blushing Bride CS. I used the Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder to emboss the top Whisper White CS layer. After I had adhered this layer, I adhered the thick dome stand about a quarter of an inch up from the base of the top layer. I arranged the scoops of ice-cream until I was happy they would fit under the acetate dome. After I had die cut the ice-cream tub, I cut straight along the bottom – to remove the ice-cream that had spilt on the base! – so the tub sat on the dome stand straight. Now for the clever bit!
I took a Mini Dimensional and trimmed it down slightly to make it into a circle, well, sort of! LOL! After I attached this to the top of the dome I held the dome in position while I arranged the base correctly. This meant making sure it was straight , centred, and at least halfway over the dome stand. When I was happy with the positioning, I added Tombow all along the dome stand, laid the acetate in position, then attached the sixth die cut dome stand so the acetate dome is held in position beautifully! I added the bling through choice; there wasn’t anything that needed to be hidden! I am so pleased with how this card has turned out! I hope you like it, too!
That’s it from me today. I hope you have a marvelous Monday and until tomorrow, happy crafting.
Products used: please click on any of the links to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop.