It’s the start of another weekend; another long weekend! Monday is the May Day Bank Holiday here in the UK. Ours is going to be a typically quiet weekend for hubby and I. I have a visit to Sharon today for my nails; then Church on Sunday, and hubby working on call at home on Monday. That means a day of crafting for me! YAY!My card today is a work in progress. I’m happy with what I’ve done so far, but I want to give my butterfly some antenna. I ran out of time yesterday to have a look through my dies – current and retired – for something suitable. Previously I have used the tails on a bow that was in the Sweet Treat Bag, or Little Treat Bag (I’m not sure what it was called). I’m sure there must be a current set of dies that has something I can use.When I made my first acetate window cards a few years ago, they weren’t called floating cards which is today’s name for them! I imagine the name has spawned from the floating frame cards that have become extremely popular at the moment. I put some Blushing Bride Cardstock (CS) onto a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet. After I had put the die on it, and run it back and forth through the Big Shot for about six times, it was ready to adhere to the acetate. It was so easy! Next I wanted to cover the back view of the butterfly and the adhesive with another butterfly. When I checked the butterfly die, I could see it wasn’t symmetrical. I was disappointed but I knew how to get round this. I took my Blushing Bride CS that was adhered to the adhesive sheet, and placed the butterfly die face down on the backing of the adhesive sheet. After I had run this through the Big Shot, it was ready. I rubbed across the back of the die cut to smooth it out as much as possible. I removed the backing sheet, and lined the butterfly up with the first one. When I was happy I had it positioned correctly, I adhered it onto the acetate! I die cut two Shaded Spruce butterfly bodies, and adhered them in place. Now I need the antenna! Before I started tidying up, I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set in Shaded Spruce Ink on Blushing Bride CS. I punched it out with the Classic Label Punch, plus two end bits in Shaded Spruce CS, just for layering. My card is now on my To Be Done pile, hopefully not for too long! Please remember that the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets are retiring on 3rd June 2019. If you like using it, get yourself a small supply of it before it’s too late! The stamp set and die I used for this card are both being carried forward to the new catalogue! That’s about it from me today. I hope you have a super weekend, whatever your plans are, and I look forward to being back with you tomorrow. Happy crafting.
Products used: please click on any link to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop.