Yesterday I felt as if I had jetlag! I had an amazingly easy day but I felt exhausted. I made sure I had an early night so hopefully, today I’ll be feeling much brighter!
It was lovely to get back into my studio yesaterday, and start crafting again! For the first Mrs. Mansor card, I chose to use the Daisy Lane Stamp Set which has a coordinating Daisy Punch for the smaller flower. Both the stamp set and the punch coordinate with the Daisy Delight Stamp Set and the larger Daisy Punch. These two stamp sets and two punches offer so many possibilities. I think they may be my new go-to sets after having said goodby to the Petal Palette Stamp Set. I may have to revise that after I’ve played with all my new sets, but for the time-being I’m very happy with the daisies!
I decided to colour my daisies using the Purple Posy, and Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. I’m very happy how they turned out, but the Purple Posy looks a lot darker because there is a lot of black in the stamped daisy image. When I took some Purple Posy Cardstock (CS) to cut two layers, it was obvious it was going to be too light for the depth of colour in the daisies. I checked the daisies against Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape CS, and although both colours would have worked well, I went for the lighter Highland Heather CS. I stamped, coloured and punched two daisies first. Next I stamped the stem and the sentiment on to a top layer of Whisper purchase tramadol uk White CS using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. To colour the stem, I used the Call Me Clover Stampin’ Blends. Before I embossed this layer using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder, I only sprayed the reverse side with water. I don’t think it would have done the front any harm if I’d sprayed that as well because I had used Alcohol Markers, but I didn’t want to take any chances! To achieve the double-layered daisies for the inside of the card and on the bottom left-hand corner of the envelope, I stamped the first of each in the positions I wanted them to be. Next I stamped two more on scraps of Whisper White CS. I coloured all four using Stampin’ Blends, but I put a piece of cardboard in the envelope under the image so the ink didn’t go through to the other side. I adhered the daisy inside the card by adding a small amount of Tombow behind the centre. For the daisy on the envelope I put some Tombow all over. After a few moments I cut off the little bits of daisies that were coming over the edge. Both worked well, and I’m very pleased with the finished card, except I forgot to add the Rhinestones before I had taken the photographs! The finished card has three Rhinestones in a vertical line in the top right-hand corner.
As you know, Othman made our wedding cake because he wanted to know for sure that it was gluten and nut free. The finished cake was superb, not only to look at, but it was beautifully moist and tasted brilliant. It was a huge success especially considering he had never made a wedding – or Christmas – cake before! The icing was a joint effort by Team Mansor with bows made by JanB! The little flowers on the top were like small double layered daisies! Othman is more than happy to share his recipe for the cake – please email me if you’d like to receive it: email@example.com
I just want to confirm with you that, although I will be changing my name to Mansor in my private life, I will still be JanB in my business. That’s it for today. I look forward to getting back into my routine and being here everyday! Until tomorrow, happy crafting.
Products used: please click on any link to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop. CORRECTION: the Big Shot, the Big Shot Platform and the Paper Piercing Tool are no longer available. (Thanks, Audrey xx)