It’s not often you hear me say this, but I found this stamp set a bit of a challenge! Fortunately I don’t give up easily, and I won in the end! What I found the biggest challenge was the branch with leaves and blossoms. As soon as I saw the image, my plan was to stamp in green, stamp a second one in pink , cut out the pink flowers and adhere them onto the green ones. I can’t understand why my cut images, were smaller than the green stamped images?? It didn’t make sense. I tried painting the stamp with Stampin’ Write Marker Pens, huffing on the stamp, and then stamping the image. This “sort of” worked, but only sort of!! I have another way I want to try, but yesterday evening I was running out of time, so I settled for stamping the image in Call Me Clover. Although I’m happy with my finished card, I find it difficult to accept green branches with green leaves and green flowers! But it is what it is!
My pink is Flirty Flamingo, and the ribbon was part of a combo which was available in the last Spring/Summer catalogue. As you know, I do like to find different ways of using ribbons on cards. Today’s three corner stripes look very effective and were very easy to do. On the reverse of the top two layers of cardstock (CS), I adhered a one inch strip of Tear & Tape along both edges of the corner. I used my Grid Paper to adhere the first piece of ribbon about a half an inch along from the corner. Then I used the Grid Paper to guide me to put the second piece about half an inch along from the corner on the other side. I repeated this twice more. When I was happy the three strips looked even, I put Tear & Tape on all four sides of the layer, and ahered it on the front of my card.
I made the flowers by stamping the branches eight times on a piece of scrap Whisper White CS. I stamped over a sheet of scrap computer paper because I only needed the large flower in the centre of the branch. Unfortunately, the small flower punches we had in the last catalogue retired on 3rd June 2019! When punches like this retire, I always keep them because they are so useful……..and yesterday was no exception!
I punched out eight flowers trying to keep the centre of the flower in the centre. I adhered them to the card front using Dimensionals. Two of the butterflies in the Butterfly Wishes Stamp Set coordinate with the Butterfly Duet Punch. I used the little butterfly for my card, one in each colour. My final touch for the front of today’s card was to add pearls to the centres of the pink flowers and to the centre of the butterflies bodies.
I added a layer of Flirty Flamingo and Whisper White CS inside the card. Before I adhered them together, I’d stamped the branch using Call Me Clover Ink. I used Tombow to adhere the three remaining flowers to the branch. My plans for tomorrow’s card is this same image but painted differently. If it works I’ll share it with you in the morning! Finger’s crossed! LOL!
I’m hoping to finish my card swaps today, and to make my customer Thank You gifts. Then I can prep for the two videos I need to make by Friday. Although I feel somewhat pressured, I’m confident I’ll get it all done! So I must go, and I look forward to being back with you tomorrow. In the meantime, happy crafting.
Products used: please click on any link to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop.