Do you remember when I started blogging way back when? I started by giving myself weekly challenges. If I remember correctly, the first challenge was to make a Father’s Day card every day. I’m not planning to make this a regular event, but just for this week, I have a challenge for myself. The challenge is to make a new card each day that uses an image or sentiment that I’ve prepared for a previous project, but didn’t get round to using!
I’ll allow myself to add extras, maybe a sentiment or an extra image, as long as my card uses one prepared image or sentiment. You’ve probably guessed that I’m building up quite a collection of unused images and sentiments! Do you find you build up a collection of these as well? Maybe you’d like to challenge yourself and play along with me!
To create today’s card I stamped and painted three of the large outline flowers from the Floral Essence Stamp Set. My original plan was to have all three cards on the front of my card but I decided they were just too big for that! I used the third flower for the inside of my card. I used the three petal flower stamp in the set for the leaves. I’ve seen a card made using these flowers and it looks like this is what the crafter had done on her card. It’s a great idea!I painted the flowers using the Light and Dark Rococo Rose Stampin’ Blends, and the leaves in Old Olive. The sentiment is from Floral Essence, but I thought it was rather small in comparison to the sentiment. After I had die cut it with the no. 2 square Stitched Shape Die, I layered it onto a scalloped square of Rococo Rose. It still needed extra so I die-cut a no. 3 square Stitched Shape Die in Whisper White.
The Basket Weave used to be my favourite Dynamic Embossing Folder, but I haven’t used it for quite a little while because we have so many fabulous 3D Embossing Folders to choose from now! Just by way of a change, I punched half inch circles from our Gold Foil Cardstock for the centres of the three flowers!
Although I was able to punch the three petal flowers i.e. the leaves, with a punch, I had to fussy cut the flowers. I used Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment in the middle of the card front first, and then adhered the flowers with Dimensionals. I’m pleased with the finished card as I think it’s quite simple but striking! Some of the photographs look darker on the right-hand side because one of my desk lamps broke today! Sometimes I don’t know my own strength!! Othman went online and has ordered me a new one which will be – hopefully – JanB-proof! LOL!I hope you had a great weekend, and hope you have an equally great week. I look forward to being back with you tomorrow, and in the meantime, happy crafting.
Products used: please click on any link to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop.