I’ve always liked pop-out window cards but had never made one because I wasn’t happy that the “window” end of the inside layer isn’t adhered inside the card. I recently saw a card on Pinterest which indicated it had been adhered at the inside front. I followed through to the website – www.stampstodiefor.com – and saw how it had been done. There wasn’t a video but I was able to work it out and that’s what I’m featuring in today’s video.
My prototype is the Real Red Cardstock (CS) Valentine card featured towards the end of today’s blog. For a first attempt it turned out alright and I did learn that it’s best not to use a very patterned Designer Series Paper on the first panel inside the card. The reason is that it can be seen from the outside of the card and it distorts the look of the Whisper White CS scalloped circle. I’ve corrected that by using a plainer DSP on my two subsequent cards.
The pre-video card I made is the Real Red CS birthday card. I used the delightful Little Ladybug Stamp Set and the dies which will be available for customers to buy as from 4th February 2020. The DSP I used for this card is from the Golden Honey Specialty DSP which is currently available as a Sale-a-bration gift for a qualifying order. Black, red and white is one of my favourite colour combos and it certainly worked brilliantly for this card.
I struggled a bit when it came to deciding which stamp set to use for the video card. My yardstick is that I need a minimum of four images and I chose the Painted Poppies Stamp Set but chose a different colour otherwise it’d look like I was stuck on Real Red! I chose Rococo Rose which worked really well. As I was planning my card I wondered if the Rococo Rose would look good with black and white.
When I was prepping my card pieces for the video, I included DSP in Rococo Rose and Merry Merlot. At the same time, I prepared the three panels using the same Golden Honey Specialty DSP in black and white that I used for the Ladybugs. I’m so pleased I did this! When I was making the video, and I came to adhering the panels, I placed my black and white ones in place on my card base, then added my poppies so I could see what it looked like. I loved it and went with it!
When I finished the video, I said the front needed something added to it! I told my viewers to check my blog today to see what I did to finish it off! I took some Rococo Rose CS and ink. Using the small flowers from the Thoughtful Blooms Stamp Set, I stamped off once for the flower and stamped the centres with first-generation ink. I used the Small Bloom Punch – also a Sale-a-bration gift – and punched them out. I glued two flowers together but offset, and curled the petals up.
I used my Dark Basic Black Stampin Blend and painted a circle in the centre of each flower and added a Basic Pearl Jewel that I’d also painted black. I know the flowers aren’t poppies but I’m calling it artistic licence! LOL! I’m really pleased how this pop-out window card has turned out and hope you like it too! The sentiment is from Magnolia Blooms Stamp Set.