Are you a hoarder? When Hubby started taking the Christmas decorations back up into the loft yesterday he decided to have a bit of a clearout up there at the same time! It’s amazing what hoarders we both are! He was a man on a mission once he’d started. What a wonderful way to start a New Year? Out with the old and in with the new!
When I eventually managed to start crafting yesterday I didn’t have a huge amount of time. I decided to make some quick Thank You cards using the Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). If you have seen this DSP pack, you will have seen the sheet that is made up of eight individual flowery designs, which includes a twelve-inch strip that’s about one inch wide.
I used three of the four designs that are approximately the size of card front layer. The first one I made was the Merry Merlot card. This was the easiest one to cut to size without losing any of the design. I chose to use Crumb Cake Cardstock (CS) for my card bases for all three cards. The THANK YOU sentiment is from the A Big Thank You Stamp Set, and was die-cut using the smallest oval die from the Stitched Shapes Dies.
Each sentiment was adhered to a scalloped oval that I’d die-cut with the smallest scallop die in the Layering Ovals Dies. To finish off the Merry Merlot card, I added some Gold Glitter Enamel Dots in the centre of each of the six Merry Merlot-coloured flowers. I also added one either end of the sentiment. The details in all the flowers is brilliant but I think the details in the roses in this design are amazing – they look so real!
The second card I made was the Mossy Meadow card. Unfortunately, I had to trim off little bits of the flowers and leaves on either side to cut the sheet down to the size I needed. It was such a minimal amount it probably won’t be noticed! I love how my sentiment fitted into the centre of the wreath in this design! I added two Clear Epoxy Droplets to either end of the sentiment. (They’re in the Annual Catalogue on page 178 and are called Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets (147801)).
The third card is the Night of Navy card. I made a mistake when I was trimming the DSP – I cut it too narrow! – but I think it has worked out well. The gems I added to the sentiment are Basic Rhinestone Jewels I’d painted ages ago using the Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends. When I painted them originally the blue didn’t look quite right for the project I was working on at the time but were perfect for today’s card!
Inside the Night of Navy card, I cut the layers the same size as the layers on the front of the card – continuing the illusion this is how I’d planned my card to be! LOL! I’m really pleased how all these cards have turned out. I may have a go and see what I can do will the smaller designs without resorting to making them into smaller cards!
If you watch my videos, you’ll know that I’ve been struggling with my Big Shot Die-cutting Machine recently. I’ve had to add shims to get it to die-cut properly, and the final straw came over the weekend! I had to put computer paper over my cardstock and die otherwise I was getting scratch marks from my cutting mats. In all my ten years of being a proud Big Shot owner, this had never happened to regular cardstock before.
Fortunately, I have more than one Big Shot machine so I changed over to a different one. I told Hubby what problems I was experiencing and he worked out that the problems were being caused by my Magnetic Platform! As soon as I tried a different Magnetic Platform in the troublesome machine, it worked perfectly! If you have a Big Shot and start experiencing the same problems, check your Magnetic Platform!
That’s it for today. I hope you have a terrific Thursday and I look forward to being back with you tomorrow. In the meantime, happy crafting.
Products used for this project: please click on any link to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop. January 2020 Hostess Code is NCFPAHXQ Thank you. xx