Oh, boy! What a major repair job I had to make on today’s card! I chose the Corner Bouquet Stamp Set from the Sale-a-bration (SAB) Brochure because I felt it was going to be a bit of a challenge. This is because the image stamps all the leaves and flowers in one go, i.e. in one colour! I saw a card made by another demonstrator where she stamped using Granny Apple Green (I think!) and then stamped over the green flowers, using the small individual flower in the set in either Blackberry Bliss or Rich Razzleberry. The effect was lovely.
I decided to use the smaller corner image and paint the stamp using my Stampin’ Write Marker Pens. When using this technique the Stamparatus really comes into its own. That is, as long as your cardstock doesn’t move…………..like mine did! When I repainted the stamp I created a double-vision effect which didn’t look nice! I started again and this time it worked. The colours I used were Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather. I die-cut the image using the Stitched Rectangle Dies regular size no 5 die.
The Thank You stamp I chose is from the new Heal Your Heart SAB Stamp Set. I set the stamp on my die-cut image in the position I wanted to stamp, removed the image, inked the stamp and stamped down onto my small grid paper as a test. I was disappointed to see an ink mark created by the outside edge of the (red rubber) stamp! When I have this problem, I cut the excess red rubber off. When I say this I always point out that if you do this to your stamps – even though the trimming improves the performance of the stamp – your guarantee with Stampin’ Up! will be null and void because you have deliberately “damaged” your stamp. Personally, I don’t worry about this because I feel that if my stamps stamped well first time, the performance won’t go downhill!
After trimming my stamp, I set it up on my Stamparatus again, re-inked and stamped on a different part of my Small Grid Paper. I was pleased with the result so put my image back in place, re-inked, stamped and I couldn’t believe that the stamp had made a mark by the red rubber that was in-between the two scroll like tails on the letter T. But, no worries, I could cover this with a Pastel Pearl. I removed the stamp and cut off the excess red rubber and then I realised I needed the stamp back in position because Thank You didn’t stamp dark enough first time! Grrr!!
I felt like giving up but it was about time for my Church house group Zoom meeting – saved by the bell! At the end of our meeting, I went back to finish off my card and came up with a plan! I put another piece of cardstock into my Stamparatus and stamped the THANK YOU. As before it wasn’t dark enough, so I stamped it a second time – success! I used the same Stitched Rectangle die and die-cut the sentiment so I could sit it on top of the original THANK YOU! Then I cut it as short as possible and adhered it in place. I found a thin scrap of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock (CS) in my scrap bag and adhered it under the cut line so it looks as if that’s how I designed my card!!
Finally I decided there was too much plain white which I remedied by stamping the spotty stamp from the A Touch of Ink Stamp Set in the lower section using Purple Posy Ink stamped off once. To decorate the top section, I used a bird from the Quite Curvy Stamp Set and added three Pastel Pearls randomly. I started building my card by beginning with a card base in Purple Posy CS, then a Gorgeous Grape middle layer and a top layer of Purple Posy CS – both layers inside and out. The top layer on the front of my card had been embossed using the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder quite sometime ago but not used. It was ideal for today’s card.
I added my image to a layer of Gorgeous Grape CS and I decorated the inside of my card by adhering another bird from the Quite Curvy Stamp Set in the bottom right-hand corner inside the card. This card really tried my patience and the house group Zoom meeting saved my bacon! I was able to start again with a relaxed, refreshed mind. One point I will make about today’s card is that as much as I enjoy painting stamps with markers to get different colours, this one was quite difficult and I won’t be trying it again! LOL!
That’s it from me today. I look forward to being back with you tomorrow and in the meantime, please take care and stay safe. Happy crafting.
Products used for this project: please click on any of the links to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop. The Hostess Code for JANUARY 2021 is DQ7YY4BZ. Thank you. xx
Cardstock Layer Sizes: A4
Card base 8¼” x 5¾” scored and folded at 4 1/8”
Middle layer: 2 pieces 3 7/8” x 5½”
Top layer: 2 pieces 3¾” x 5 3/8”
Cardstock Layer Sizes: Letter-size
Card base 8½” x 5½” scored and folded at 4¼”
Middle layer: 2 pieces 4” x 5¼”
Top layer: 2 pieces 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”