I have another Thank You card today. One of my favourite stamp sets at the moment is A Touch of Ink which is currently available as a gift in the Sale-a-bration (SAB) brochure. Although I knew the actual stamps are bigger than the images shown on the stamp case, I was still surprised at how big the butterfly was! I wanted to use one of the Rococo Rose designs from the Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper (DSP) which is another of the gifts available in the SAB Brochure! At first I chose a floral design that included Night of Navy and Seaside Spray so I added Night of Navy to my colour scheme.
With the aid of my Stamparatus, I stamped four butterflies using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. The first image wasn’t very good but it made a good sample to test my colours on. My test butterfly was coloured using Stampin’ Blends in Dark Rococo Rose, Dark Seaside Spray and Light Night of Navy. By the time I had finished blending the colours it all looked quite dark. I put it to one side while I painted another butterfly. This time I used Light and Dark Rococo Rose and Light Blackberry Bliss. I was really happy with how these colours blended together!
I went back to the test butterfly and went over it using my Colour Lifter. I put if off to the side again while I carried on. When I went back to it much later the colours were quite a lot lighter but I’m not sure I like it! I die-cut the second butterfly using the Layering Circle Dies, straight cut no. 6 and layered it onto a Night of Navy Cardstock (CS) circle die cut using the scallop circle die no. 6. When I put it on my layer of floral DSP I felt the floral pattern drowned out the butterfly! I went back to the pack of DSP and chose the Rococo stripe design. This worked so much better with the butterfly!
I built my card by starting with a card base in Rococo Rose CS with a middle layer of Night of Navy CS and a top layer of DSP. Inside the card I added a middle layer of Night of Navy CS and a top layer of Rococo Rose CS. I chose the THANK YOU SO MUCH sentiment from the stamp set and stamped it in Tuxedo Black Memento ink, although I wished I’d used Night of Navy Ink. I die cut the sentiment using the Layering Oval Dies using the straight cut no. 1 die and layered it on to a Night of Navy CS scalloped oval using die scalloped die no. 1.
Before I adhered the butterfly on the card front I adhered a Square Vellum Doilie near the top so I could adhere the butterfly on top using Dimensionals. After I had adhered the sentiment in position, again, using Dimensionals I thought the card looked rather bland. I went through my die folders looking for a fancy die-cut strip or something similar I could decorate the card front with. As soon as I saw the small die-cut butterflies on the back of the Butterfly Beauty Dies, I knew that’s what I’d use! After die-cutting some in Rococo Rose CS and Night of Navy CS, I could see the pink almost disappeared but the navy really popped!
First I adhered a few randomly on the card front and then I adhered a small pearl on each butterfly! I die-cut some more Night of Navy Butterflies and adhered them inside the card in the bottom right- hand corner! It was at this point I noticed the sentiment should have been stamped in Night of Navy Ink! Never mind! No big deal!
That’s it from me today. I look forward to being back with you tomorrow and in the meantime please take care and stay safe. Happy crafting.
Products used for this project: please click on any of the links to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop. The Hostess Code for FEBRUARY 2021 is P2XAJ6Z6 Thank you. xx
Cardstock Layer Sizes: A4
Card base 8¼” x 5¾” scored and folded at 4 1/8”
Middle layer: 2 pieces 3 7/8” x 5½”
Top layer: 2 pieces 3¾” x 5 3/8”
Cardstock Layer Sizes: Letter-size
Card base 8½” x 5½” scored and folded at 4¼”
Middle layer: 2 pieces 4” x 5¼”
Top layer: 2 pieces 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”