Yesterday I noticed the Approaching Perfection Stamp Set sitting on my shelf unused. As it’s a Sale-a-bration (SAB) Stamp Set I decided I’d better use it before it retires on 28th February when SAB ends! If you have your eye on any of the SAB gifts don’t leave placing your order too late so you miss the opportunity. When SAB ends, none of the gifts will be available again……ever!
I decided to use the candle stamp in my Stamparatus and stamp them in a row. This technique works with any stamps up to an inch wide. The paper I’ve used to stamp the images on is from the Oh So Ombre 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (DSP) pack. This is another SAB gift that is available until 28th February and I think this is the one gift I have used over and over again!
The first sheet of DSP I stamped three rows of candles on finished up too big for the size of my regular-size top layer. I went back to the drawing board to try again but before I started I decided to cut off the excess red rubber from around the image. I needed to get the stamp close enough to the previous row so all three rows would fit my regular-size top layer. NOTE: I must advise you that if you cut the red rubber off any of your stamps, you will make your guarantee with Stampin’ Up! null and void on the grounds that you have “deliberately” damaged your stamp. My personal feelings about this is that once I have used a stamp, if it stamps without any problems before cutting some rubber off, it’s not likely to give me any problems after I have cut it. Therefore, I don’t worry about losing my guarantee.
Cutting the rubber off the stamp worked a treat! I took another sheet of the Bermuda Bay DSP and put it on my Stamparatus with the darkest part at the top. When I had finished stamping the first row, I cleaned the stamp and the plate using my damp Shammy. I returned the plate to the first notch and took my stamp off. Before I put it into its new position, I rested it face down on my Mini Grid Paper and pressed to make sure it was cleaned properly.
Next I placed the stamp as close to the stamped image on the top line as possible making sure it wasn’t going over any part of the stamped image. Then I went ahead and stamped the second line. I went through the same process cleaning and re-positioning the stamp as before and stamped my third line of candles! Success! I used my ruler and the height of the three rows was 3 3/8″ which was 3/8″ shorter than my normal top layer. I measured the width and I needed it to be 3/8″ shorter than my normal top layer, too! With some very careful trimming I was able to make the length 5″!
I adhered my stamped DSP sheet onto a Whisper White Cardstock (CS) top layer which gave a brilliant 3/8″ gap all around! Next I adhered this layer onto a middle layer of Bermuda Bay CS and then onto a Whisper White CS card base! I was so pleased how the size fitted in so well! The sentiment I chose from the stamp set is NEWS FLASH and I looked for a die to cut it out with. I found there are two identical stitched dies but different sizes in the Potted Succulents Dies. I used the larger die for the NEWS FLASH sentiment and found a HAPPY BIRTHDAY stamp in the Oval Occasions Stamp Set that fits into the smaller die!
I stamped both sentiments using my Stamparatus with Bermuda Bay Ink and adhered them on the card front on diagonally opposite corners but it didn’t looked complete. The very first stamping I did with the candle stamp was on a piece of Whisper White CS. I had planned to use it but then I had decided to use the DSP. I checked the small die against one of the candles images and it fitted beautifully if I turned the die vertical! After I had die-cut them I put one in between the other two die-cuts that were already on the card front!
Inside the card I adhered a middle layer of Bermuda Bay CS and a top layer of Whisper White CS. As I’d been successful in die-cutting the stamped candles with the smaller stitched shape die, I die-cut some from the DSP. I used two of them to decorate the inside of the card, one above the other on the right-hand side! I didn’t add any embellishments because I think if it’s for a man it’s good to go but if it’s for a lady, I’d add some small rhinestones in the sparkle above each candle on the white die-cut.
When I’m talking to crafters about our Stamparatus, I tell them that this technique is just one of the reasons why it blows all other stamp positioners right out of the water! I love using mine and wouldn’t like to have to work without it now! That’s about it from me today. I look forward to being back with you tomorrow and in the meantime, please take care and stay safe. Happy crafting.
Products used for this project: please click on any of the links to be taken to my 24/7 online Stampin’ Up! shop. The Hostess Code for FEBRUARY 2021 is P2XAJ6Z6 Thank you. xx
Cardstock Layer Sizes: A4
Card base 8¼” x 5¾” scored and folded at 4 1/8”
Middle layer: 2 pieces 3 7/8” x 5½”
Top layer: 2 pieces 3¾” x 5 3/8”
Cardstock Layer Sizes: Letter-size
Card base 8½” x 5½” scored and folded at 4¼”
Middle layer: 2 pieces 4” x 5¼”
Top layer: 2 pieces 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”