Today’s video is a delightfully easy and quick card to make. This allowed me a bit more time to show two extra techniques. The first technique was requested some time ago and is partial die-cutting. The sentiment I chose for the front of my video card CHEERS TO YOU was a tad too long to use the no.1 slim die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies. I demonstrate how partial die-cutting can remedy this!
Demonstrating this technique went well until I checked the die after the second pass through my machine and I saw I had missed a small area on one side. This meant it was necessary to line the die up again on the partial die-cut in the exact same position and run through the machine again! It worked perfectly. Phew! That was close!
Although it doesn’t show in the photographs, the second technique was how to glaze over images using Clear Embossing Powder. On the front of the card the decanter, the two whiskey glasses and the sentiment have been glazed and they look superb. The effect can be seen brilliantly on the video.
When I made my first Arrow Fold Card I struggled with cutting the Basic White Cardstock (CS) triangles so they fitted in correctly with the Designer Series Paper (DSP) triangles. After not achieving good results with my first three cards, I decided I had to make a change! I measured the size of Basic White CS needed to fit across the entire inside of the card. It worked out brilliantly! So much easier!
Last week Stampin’ Up! launched a FREE digital download called United Through Creativity and FREE means FREE to the WORLD! No matter where you live you can download these images and sentiments and use them for your own crafting. I haven’t had a chance to play with them yet but I didn’t want to make you wait until I have, so I have pleasure in including the links here: English, French, German, Dutch.
The Digital Download is available in English, French, German and Dutch. The actual sentiments on all the downloads appear in all four languages. However, when you choose which language you want your download to be in, the introduction, terms and conditions are written in the language of your choice. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The elements featured in the United Through Creativity Digital Download were created in the spirit of the World Diversity Day – a day for each of us to join together and understand the value of cultural diversity throughout the world. And To celebrate our unique community of crafters.
That’s it from me today. I hope you have a very blessed Sunday. I look forward to being back with you on Wednesday and in the meantime, please take care and stay safe. Happy crafting.
*Sahara Sand Cardstock – 8¼” x 5¾” (21cm x 14.6cm) NA 8½” x 5½”
SCORE LINES: Open card and mark front panel on horizontal edge at 2 7/8” (7.3cm) NA 2¾”; score on both vertical sides at 2 1/16” (5.25cm) NA 2 1/8”
Basic White Cardstock – 3 7/8” x 5½” (9.9cm x 14cm) NA 4” x 5¼”
*In Good Taste Designer Series Papers – 3 7/8” x 5½” (9.9cm x 14cm) NA 4” x 5¼”
CUT LINES: Mark on horizontal edge at 2¾” (7cm) NA 2 5/8”
Basic White Cardstock – scraps for sentiment and images
• Sahara Sand A4 Card Stock  £8.25 —— https://bit.ly/3oe37oi
• Basic White A4 Cardstock  £9.00 —— https://bit.ly/3iDSXer
• In Good Taste Designer Series Paper  £20.00 —— https://bit.ly/3c541PN
• Whiskey Business Cling Stamp Set (English)  £18.00 —— https://bit.ly/347PhLn
• Stitched Rectangles Dies  £33.00 —— https://bit.ly/2A1IIyK
• Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad  £5.50 —— https://bit.ly/2oHuNV8
• Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Refill  £4.75 —— https://bit.ly/2wKWvEK
• Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack  £8.50 —— https://bit.ly/2Sm2QUI
• So Saffron Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack  £8.50 —— https://bit.ly/2OrrO3o
• Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack  £8.50 —— https://bit.ly/2zf4RsY
• Pool Party Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack  £8.50 —— https://bit.ly/3gYL9CF
• Versamark Pad  £8.75 —— https://bit.ly/2XK3Ker
• Versamark Refill  £5.50 —— https://bit.ly/2VJ9qCO
• Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder  £5.50 —— https://bit.ly/2yrsX35
• Heat Tool – Uk Plug  £28.00 —— https://bit.ly/3k4Nqxy
• Heat Tool – Eu Plug  £28.00 —— https://bit.ly/3glwD7d
• Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine  £112.00 —— https://bit.ly/3kd11SM
• Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine  £56.00 —— https://bit.ly/2ZbAmNX
• Stamparatus  £46.00 —— https://bit.ly/2SPbiqu
• Simply Shammy  £7.50 —— https://bit.ly/3c1y7AC
• Paper Trimmer  £23.00 —— https://bit.ly/2qUQQw0
• Paper Snips  £9.25 —— https://bit.ly/2BYGTTt
• Bone Folder  £6.50 —— https://bit.ly/2ojre7w
• Grid Paper  £11.75 —— https://bit.ly/2BMJekd
• Small Grid Paper  £6.00 —— https://bit.ly/2C609ih
• Silicone Craft Sheet  £5.50 —— https://bit.ly/2LtkKMx
• Multipurpose Liquid Glue  £3.75 —— https://bit.ly/3lUJ7Wd
• Stampin’ Dimensionals  £3.75 —— https://bit.ly/2BYH1SX
• Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals  £3.75 —— https://bit.ly/2BYH2X1
Goedemorgen Jan. Wat een prachtige kaart en model heb je gemaakt. Heel mooi gedaan.
Fijne zondag gewenst
Hoi, Manon. Ik ben blij dat je dit project leuk vindt. Het is verrassend snel en gemakkelijk te maken. xx
Mary-Ann (Mal) Lynch says
Good Evening Jan. Now that is a WOW card and one I shall be making. Thanks for showing me how to do partial die-cutting – never seen it before and now I can go ahead and use my stamps and die much more creatively (and effectively). I also liked the heat embossing. Will have to get me some clear embossing powder as the heat embossing added so much dimension to the decanter and glasses. Loving your videos and thanks for continuing to teach me. Hugs to you, Othman and your children. XX Mal and Gang.
Many thanks, Mal. I knew you wanted to see partial die-cutting and it was a good point to give a demonstration – sorry I kept you waiting for so long! xxx
For you i can wait!!!! In rhe process of making this card for my refugee family as it is their Coming to Australia anniversary next week. I am so blessed to have this Family in my Life. Xxx m
Happy anniversary for your adopted family. xxx
Mary-Ann (Mal) Lynch says
I have passed on your good wishes to them and they were so touched that someone they do not know would offer them happiness. Thank you, Jan. XX M
Hi, Mal. It’s lovely that your refugee family were touched, and sad at the same time! 💖xxx
HI Jan, It’s being such fun to play around with arrow fold this morning! New ideas keep popping into my mind after CASing your poppy/gingham card! I will make lots of these. The fold itself is quite easy; I get “stuck” trying to figure out how to decorate – your great eye offers lots of possibilities (or as my niece says, “possibillies”)
Many thanks, Billie. I’m so pleased you like this project. I was very surprised when I first started looking into how this card is to make to find how quick and easy it is! xx
I tried to email you pictures of my efforts at this format – it was such fun! Not sure if they “sent…???” Reluctant to resend and flood your box…
Claire Gagne says
I just love this card Jan. Love what you have done with it. Gotta make one of these now. Be safe & hope you are doing well. TYFS
Many thanks, Claire. Enjoy re-creating this card. xx